SLEEP & RELAXATION TOP TIPS
Sleep is nature’s way of restoring and recharging both mind and body for a new day. It supports brain function, emotional wellbeing, and it’s not called beauty sleep for nothing; sleep really is the best anti-ageing treatment there is, helping to restore brightness to your skin. When we sleep we release hormones and regulate our metabolism, leading to cell turnover and collagen production.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!
“You can’t pour from an empty cup”.
We all lead busy lives but it is important for our health both mind sanity and immune system to relax and allow our body to recharge.
Lack of sleep triggers the release of cortisol (a stress hormone) which causes blood sugar to rise, the always on ‘fight or flight’ scenario and inability to switch off.
Make time for relaxation
Use your ‘me time’ certificates to make time to relax. Create a short time block each day for (this could be a 10 min walk in fresh air, having a cup of tea in the garden, night time bath etc.)
- Create relaxation time every day – switching your mind off
- Good bedtime routine
- Warm bath
- Relaxing candles
- Caffeine free / night time tea
- Soothing music
- Window open in bedroom to cool it down
- Glass of water before bed with zinc or beauty sleep supplement to restore overnight
- No technology 30 mins before bedtime
- Phones off (including vibrate off), switch off standby on tv
- Scribble pad for any thoughts or worries
- Hold ESR points on forehand and breathe deeply. Deep belly breaths not shallow chest ones.
- Gentle stretch before bedtime
- Increase hydration (and take your omega oils to help your body absorb water into your cells)
- Use a Zen Soto diffuser to help gently swish releaxin essential oils into the air forcing your body’s limbic system to respond and physically help you relax
PRODUCTS TO HELP
- Beauty Sleep concentrate and body butter
- Wild Rose Beauty balm (1 min skin routine! Cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise)
- Soto diffuser with night time, calming, women’s balance or lavender oils
- Remedies to Roll – relaxation or night time
- Herbal tea: after dinner, night time, beautiful skin, summer tea
SUPPLEMENTS – remember to get natural, bulking agent & sucrose free supplements for optimum absorption
- Vitamin B for energy conversion
- Zinc to boost immune system and health skin, hair and nails
- Omega 3,6,9 They’re not called ‘essential’ fatty acids for nothing!