Children love kinesiology! I’ve often found they are incredibly receptive to the ‘fun games’ it can offer. They often don’t realise we’re actually working out what’s going on with their body and helping them! That’s why I’ve set up a separate children’s kinesiology clinic.
The children’s kinesiology clinic can offer support with:
- Co-ordination exercises – for dyslexia, dyspraxia, reading, writing and spelling
- Attention and hyperactivity problems – to improve concentration and balanced moods
- Confidence building techniques
- Improve skin conditions – eczema, acne etc.
- Digestive concerns – diarrhoea, constipation, upset stomach
- Sleep patterns – help with issues going to sleep, bed wetting
- Exam stress – optimum nutrition advice, relaxation techniques, positive visualisation
- Family worries – divorce and bereavement support
- Identify food intolerances and discuss alternatives
- Immune system improvement – to fight off those coughs and colds
- Muscle test – to find cause and support with asthma, recurrent illnesses like sore throats + glue ear
Brain Gym – Children’s Kinesiology exercises
These are fun exercises to help improve the left + right brain crossover and get the two hemispheres to synchronise. Practising these regularly can help the nerve and energy paths connect and improve co-ordination, concentration, handwriting and behavioural issues.
- Lazy Eights
- Cross Crawl
- EFT – tapping techniques that can be used for any worries and phobias, from sleeping issues (in the dark, without a comforter) to a phobia of spiders.
- Energy hook-up
- Bach rescue remedies to help identify a relevant emotion
Kinesiology can be used on any child, even a newborn. For children under 5 or 6, I use a surrogate (this can be a parent or close friend). Working quickly, I initially assess the surrogate’s muscle function on a 14 muscle/meridian balance and temporarily strengthen any weak muscles. When you make skin to skin contact with your child, any ‘weak’ muscles that now show relate to your child and we work on these.
It is useful for the child to relax and be distracted, either by chatting to an additional friend you can bring along or with a book or ipad. The only stipulation is for your child to remain in skin to skin contact with you at all times so try to bring along a distraction device that only needs one hand!
To help the children’s kinesiology session maximise the time available with your child, it’s useful for a health questionnaire to be completed and discussed before the session.
- 1.5 hours
- 1 hour